Best Sites to Find a Job for Any Industry in 2021
Have you ever signed up to a website that promises to send you job postings after you complete a free consultation?
However, not only do you get job advertisements for positions you’ve likely already seen on LinkedIn or Seek, but you also get countless emails about all of the other services on offer that end up going straight to your deleted items.
Resumes To You doesn’t want you to sign up to dozens of daily emails or bore you through a free consultation on where to look for jobs. We’d rather just be upfront and tell you the best places to find a role no matter what industry you want to work in, you need to think outside the norm.
Here are the sites we recommend you start with.
Best Websites for Government Jobs
For many Australians, working for the government is a dream job. Most departments offer great remuneration packages and excellent annual leave options. There are also multiple career paths and opportunities to switch departments with ease if you see a role you’re suited for.
Each state hosts a central website for government positions. But prepare for a lengthy interview process and detailed selection criteria requirements. It might take a month or three before you find out whether you’re successful, but the wait will be worth it.
Here are the best websites to search for government roles.
- Queensland – https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au
- New South Wales – https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/
- Victoria – https://www.careers.vic.gov.au/
- Australian Capital Territory – https://www.jobs.act.gov.au/home
- Tasmania – https://www.jobs.tas.gov.au/
- Northern Territory – https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/Search
- South Australia – https://iworkfor.sa.gov.au/
- Western Australia – https://jobs.wa.gov.au/
- Federal positions – https://info.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/jobs-and-workplace/australian-government-jobs
Best Job Sites in Australia for All Industries
If you want to cast a broader net and find a job in any industry, then these websites can help you locate positions available and narrow them down by suburbs, towns, and regions. Not all job sites post the same roles, so it’s best to check in with different ones to get a full view of what the market looks like.
- Adzuna – a global employment portal that’s capable of expanding your reach to a broad audience
- CareerOne – a partner of Monster in Australia and home to job postings around the country
- CareerJet – Operates in 94 countries, including Australia, and advertises roles in dozens of industries
- Indeed Australia – Over 10 million Australians use this website for their job search every month
- JobActive – Hosted by the Australian government, JobActive helps job seekers get back into the workforce
- Seek – One of the most popular job portals on the web, Seek can find you a job in any corner of the country
Specialist Job Sites in Australia
If you have your heart set on working in a particular industry, then rather than using a website that caters to the masses, you may be better using one that targets specific jobs. These websites specialise in finding certain roles that are often hard to find or for job seekers in certain situations.
- ArtsHub – If you have a creative flair and want to get into publishing, art, or cultural initiatives, then check this site out
- FlexCareers – Not everyone wants a 9-5 job. FlexCareers helps connect employers with applicants looking for a better work-life balance
- GradConnection – Finding a job straight out of university or high school can be challenging, but it’s a lot easier with this site
- Paddl – Connecting employers with graduates, potential interns, and anyone looking for some work experience in a particular field
- SalonStaff – If you’re in the hair or beauty industry, then this is the best site for roles in the industry
- SpotJobs – This site offers a host of entry-level and part-time roles for those looking for their first job or their next one
Facebook Job Groups in Australia
Following and joining Facebook employment and jobs groups for finding a job is also one of the hidden job markets. Below are just some of the groups available to join and follow in different states across Australia. Jobs are posted daily directly from employers and recruitment agencies. Below are just some of the groups / pages we came across listed on Facebook.
- Port Stephens positions vacant and wanted.
- Nowra shoalhaven jobs
- Central Coast Jobs AUS
- Jobs Illawarra
- RIVERINA POSITIONS VACANT OR WANTED
- Sydney Hospitality Job-Waiter/Cook/Chef/Bar Staff/Barista
- Barista jobs in Sydney
- Civil & Construction Jobs Sydney
- Jobs – Central Coast, Maitland, Hunter & Newcastle *AUSTRALIA*
- Nursing Jobs in Australia
- Find part-time jobs, casual jobs and internships in Sydney
- Jobs For Mums- Western Suburbs Melbourne
- Jobs Melbourne Region
- Jobs Melbourne region
- Jobs in Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne
- South Eastern Melbourne Jobs Group
For all the freelancers we have not forgotten about you, then these websites can help you find positions available and narrow them down by creative roles.
Our Top Pick
One of the best websites for finding a job is also one of the most underutilised. LinkedIn features a job search page and even highlights companies where you already share a connection in your network.
As 64% of job seekers are hired through a referral, this feature provides you with an advantage that other sites can’t offer. The platform also allows you to connect directly with recruiters, agencies, and companies you are interested in working with.
These recruiters are also able to view your profile, which already resembles a resume. So keeping this up to date is essential if you want to land a job with your dream company.
Need Help With Your Application?
You don’t need to sign up for an email newsletter where you’ll likely receive more than just job advertisements in your inbox. You just need to know where to look.
But finding a job you want to apply for is just the first step. You need to make sure your resume is up to date, and you’re prepared to answer the selection criteria questions. If you need help getting your application ready, contact Resumes To You, and we’ll help you land your next dream job.